Friday, January 18, 2013

V is for Vomit

Alan Moore said V is for Vendetta.  He was wrong! V is for vomit.  Vomit in my hair, vomit in my NYC sized bathroom, vomit in the parking lot of the Maternal Fetal Medicine facility, vomit in a plastic 'vomit bag' in my car on the way to work, vomit at work, vomit in my kitchen because I couldn't make it the 700 sq feet from the kitchen to the bathroom, vomit at my parents' house, almost vomit everyday at 2:05 in "S"'s face (she still thinks the sight of her makes me nauseous)-and when I wasn't vomiting, I was so nauseous that I thought I would vomit, in front of my classes, in bed while I slept, on the couch staring morosely at the TV, walking down the street, on the subway, in a cab, the entire time I was at hubby's cousin's bridal shower (that day was a living hell for me, and I almost puked in a garbage can on Washington in Hoboken, right next to Carlo's Bakery-gotta give something to the tourists)...forget restaurants or movies.  I couldn't go anywhere.  I think all the media outlets should leave Princess Kate the hell alone because I understand how she feels, and she has it way worse than I did.  Oh, and my priceless OBGYN refused to prescribe anything to deal with the nausea.

The best vomit story: On our way from NYC to Maternal Fetal Medicine in Paramus, I started getting really nauseous.  I opened the windows and did some breathing exercises, and although it stabilized, it was still there.  I did have breakfast that morning, Fruit Loops, and on the days when I ate breakfast, I didn't normally throw up.  So we're driving and we get close.  Really close.  We turned on the building's street, and I told hubby to pull over.  I got out of the car, bent over, and nothing happened.  The nausea disappeared.  We pulled into the parking lot, parked the car, opened my door, then fell knees first onto the pavement where I puked multi-fruity colored goodness all over the parking lot.  I was on all fours, my knees were cut up under my denim pants, and hubby stood to the side, quietly laughing.  He thinks it's funny when I throw up.  (He laughed every time I puked.)  Sometimes, I really hate him.  A lady in the parking lot ran over to make sure I was okay, and when I explained, "I'm okay, just pregnant," she said, "It's okay-we've all been there.  It'll go away eventually."  I love her.

I knew I was having a girl.

Also, hubby's grandma took one look at me at that bridal shower and proclaimed, "you're having a girl."  Never argue with 90-year-old wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment